Category Archives: gadgets
1. These terms and conditions are the rules which apply to this competition. By submitting their entry, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
2. This competition is run by a daisy chain dream in conjunction with Hutchison 3G UK Limited, operating as Three, Star House, 20 Grenfell Road, Maidenhead, SL6 1EH.
3. To enter the competition entrants must complete the mandatory requirements before 00:00 on 27/07/2016.
4. Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
5. This promotion is open to residents of the UK, except for Three employees, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
7. Winners agree to participate in publicity as a daisy chain dream and Three may require.
8. The prize on offer is a 16GB iPhone SE (rose gold) and a Three Sim card loaded with £10 of credit.
9. The prize is only as stipulated and cannot be transferred and/or exchanged for cash.
10. Confirmation of the prize will be made by email to the winner by 29/07/2016.
11. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted, or is unable to comply with these terms and conditions, a daisy chain dream and Three reserve the right to offer the prize to another eligible entrant. Failure to respond and/or provide an address, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
12. a daisy chain dream and Three reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. If we do this, we will publish the amended terms and conditions on the competition page.
13. a daisy chain dream and Three reserve the right to end this promotion at any time, and without notice.
The device in question is called Tabcat and is essentially a little disc you fit to your cat’s collar which enables you to locate them when they are out and about. As we’ve not long started letting Tobias outside our flat we were keen to give this a go as really, we do get a bit anxious about where he gets to and liked the idea of being able to locate him and let him know it’s time to come inside.
I was a little worried that Tobias would find the disc intrusive but it honestly doesn’t bother him in the slightest and he’s been wearing it over a week now with no problems.
Tabcat works by activating the remote to pick up a signal from the disc. Once in range you are guided by a series of beeps and lights to locate your cat. The range that Tabcat covers is extensive and because both the remote and the disc on the collar lets off sound it really is so easy to find your feline. We’ve also been training Tobias to take the beeping from his disc as a cue to come home. This has worked brilliantly as now when we stand in the doorway to our flat and press the button he comes running home (this process did involve rather a few treats!)
I feel like I’m not doing a very good job at explaining how Tabcat works so do make sure you check out the website for a more comprehensive run through! Hopefully what you will gather from this post is that both us humans and Tobias really like how this works and at £69.99 for the starter pack which allows you to track up to two cats (you can purchase more discs and track up to four) it’s a worthy investment and far more affordable than the GPS trackers we had been looking at. It’s also a small price to pay for peace of mind- Tobias has a habit of hiding in the bushes in various neighbours gardens for hours at a time which has left us panicked on numerous occasions!
Have you ever tried something like this with your pet? I’d love to know how you got on if you did.
Things have advanced hugely since the original Kindle launch and the Fire saw the introduction of not only an e-reader but a tablet too, at a surprisingly affordable price.
My Mum has had a Fire for some time and loves it so when I was offered the chance to trial one myself in one of three snazzy new colour ways I was game on. I’ve had the chance to test it out over the last two weeks and I kind of fell in love with Magenta powerhouse and have since decided to save up for one of my own.
The display is crystal clear which makes both reading and browsing a doddle and everything synced up seamlessly with my standing Kindle and Amazon account meaning I could access the books I was currently reading, my wish lists and gift card balance. This is a nippy little device thanks to it’s powerful processors and although 8gb storage isn’t loads you can easily extend this with the purchase of a microSD card.
The inbuilt camera takes good, clear photos and with capacity to link up to all of your social media you can share a snap in seconds. The App Store is comprehensive and will keep you well supplied with games as well as all of your favourite social networks. You can also download TV shows and movies (which I didn’t do, I admit) and access thousands of music tracks from all of your favourite artists.
For me the big draw to this is the portability. It’s so compact and lightweight it’s hard to believe what it’s capable of. I love the addition of the three bold colour ways (magenta, red and blue) and for the price you really, really can’t go wrong.
Already have a Fire? Let me know what you love best! And to anyone contemplating getting one, I highly suggest it. I wish I’d save some of my birthday money now to purchase my own!